East Europe Foundation is looking for a Parliamentary Oversight Strengthening Manager (full-time position) for USAID RADA Program, which aims to promote a representative, accountable and independent parliament – the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. For more information about the USAID RADA Program, please visit: http://radaprogram.org.
Parliamentary Oversight Strengthening Manager’s duties:
- Conduct strategic consultations with MPs and VRU Secretariat on the development of policy recommendations to strengthen parliamentary oversight over executive
- Organize and supervise work of experts on legislative improvements regarding parliamentary oversight
- Support, together with international and national experts, the development of methodologies and training programs to improve the oversight function of parliament;
- Oversee the development and trainings on the parliamentary oversight for parliamentary committees’ staff
- Draft and implement advocacy campaign among MPs and VRU Secretariat concerning tools and methods of parliamentary oversight
- Prepare of narratives, reports and collection of monitoring data.
- Master/PhD degree in a relevant field;
- Previous experience of working with the Verkhovna Rada and/or the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
- Proven analytical experience;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Prior experience of organizing events and logistics;
- Knowledge of political issues preferred;
- Knowledge of the parliamentary committees’ work;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized;
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual;
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills in Ukrainian and English: reading, writing and speaking;
- Comfortable with virtual communication – through email, Skype, social networks, and the Internet;
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and Power point), additional experience with database or websites.
Date of starting work: September 2020.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Parliamentary Oversight Strengthening Manager in subject line of an email. Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.
Deadline for submission: September 14, 2020.