At the beginning of the sitting as it is usual on Tuesdays on plenary weeks there were 30 minutes given for announcements, statements, messages, proposals from parliamentary factions, and groups.
Annual address of the President of Ukraine to the Verkhovna Rada
The President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky presented the results of his work and set up new goals. In his annual address to the Verkhovna Rada he highlighted that it is possible to download by using QR Code, the report will be also available on the official website.
Main point of his speech:
1. COVID-19: salary increase by 300% for medical staff; mortality rate from the virus is about 1%, lower than in other countries.
2. Ending the war in the Donbas region, peace and returning occupied territories; free education for kids from occupied territories; Ukrainian TV channel; returning Crimean issues into world’s agenda; Crimean platform; reintegration; amnesty; plan of strategical economic development of occupied territories; increase in military spending; army modernization; Ukraine now is enhanced opportunities partner of NATO.
3. History of Ukrainian independence and referendum on the independence of Ukraine; bill on the referendum.
4. Bills on the impeachment of the president and lifting parliamentary immunity; the refusal of party funding by the Servant of the People faction.
5. State in smartphone, innovations, paperless documentation and service; digital country and voting online.
6. De-shadowing of the economy, gambling business regulation, privatization, and investments, energy security, increase in minimum wage and pensions indexation; land market launching; the need for a clear long term economic strategy till the year 2030.
7. Fighting corruption, Law on restart of National Agency for Prevention of Corruption; anti-corruption strategy; judicial reform.
8. Strategical partnership with the United Kingdom and the United States, partnership with Turkey, Canada, and the EU; creation of Lublin Triangle; the opening of the headquarter of the organization to combat misinformation.
9. Medical reform; models of insurance medicine; transplantology.
10. Education; special attention to high education and science.
11. Great construction; finishing projects of previous governments; restoration.
12. Fast internet and new airports.
At the end of his speech, Zelensky pointed out that he knows that not all his promises were implemented.
As final MPs adopted bill #4228 on measures to combat the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and protect all vital systems of the country from the negative effects of pandemics and new biological threats with a total of 308 votes in favor.
The Minister of Health of Ukraine Maksym Stepanov provided information on measures to combat the spread of coronavirus disease in Ukraine. At the end of his report answering on a question, he stressed that adopting bills is easier than their implementation.
The siting ended at 12.36 p.m.