USAID improves communication and interaction between Members of Parliament (MPs) and voters. The USAID Responsible Accountable Democratic Assembly activity (RADA), jointly with Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Office in Ukraine, organized a visit of the Young Group of Christian Democratic Union/Christian Social Union (CDU/CSU) from the German Bundestag on February 15-16. On the first day, German MPs with Ukrainian counterparts held a discussion about coalition building process and met with Interns’ League trainees to talk about challenges facing Ukraine. On the second day of the visit, MPs exchanged best practices of communication in constituencies within the example of the USAID RADA Program Model District Project in Chernihiv. In addition they held meetings with representatives of local authorities, civil society organizations, and media.
Deputies and their teams:
- Oleksandr Chernenko, Member of the deputy faction of PARTY “PETRO POROSHENKO BLOC”
- Oleksandr Kodola, Member of the deputy faction of Political party “PEOPLE’S FRONT”
- Ihor Huz, Member of the deputy faction of Political party “PEOPLE’S FRONT”
- Serhiy Berezenko, Vice-Chairperson of the deputy faction of PARTY “PETRO POROSHENKO BLOC”
- Anna Romanova, Member of the deputy faction of the Political party “SAMOPOMICH” Union”
MPs talked about work in constituencies with voters, as well as the use of tools for establishing cooperation with citizens, which USAID RADA Program proposed them to use in the framework of the Model District initiative (town hall meetings, public reports, trainings and press briefings).
- Carsten Körber, German Bundestag (GB) Member since 2013, re-elected in September 2017. Member of the Budget and Auditing Committees, Deputy Head of the Committee on Economic Affairs and Energy.
- Christoph Bernstiel, German Bundestag member since 2017.
- Mark Hauptmann, German Bundestag member since 2013. In the previous convocation, member of the Committee on Economic Affairs and Energy; member of the Subcommittee on Regional Economic Policy.
- Dr. Christoph Ploß, German Bundestag member since 2017.
- Eva Majewski, Secretary General to the Young Caucus of CDU/CSU in the German Bundestag.