USAID Program RADA presented activities of the European Information and Research Center at the Verkhovna Rada at the coordination meeting of the representatives of international technical assistance projects on October 25. The Center was created in order to provide the people's deputies of Ukraine, staff of the Secretariats of the Verkhovna Rada with information that they can use in law-making process.
What have been done
(May 2015 - October 2017)
- The Center's experts prepared 181 informational and analytical material for inquiries from 39 deputies of Ukraine (working in 22 parliamentary committees and representing 6 factions and parliamentary groups), 10 secretariats of the VR Committees, the Secretariat of the parliamentary faction, the Main Legal Department, the press service of the VR and the department of appeals of citizens of the Verkhovna Rada.
- The materials of the Center were used to prepare 48 bills and 1235 proposals for the revision of bills in the second reading. Adopted 5 Laws of Ukraine and resolutions of the Verkhovna Rada.
- 30 "Policy Papers" were prepared on the subject of the activities of 16 parliamentary committees.
- These materials were used by people's deputies during the preparation of 24 bills and 2 draft resolutions of the Verkhovna Rada.
- 8 Info Briefs have been prepared on the provisions of the Roadmap for Internal Reform and Institutional Capacity Building of the Verkhovna Rada.
The USAID Rada Program welcomes the active appeals of deputies of Anton Gerashchenko, Olena Sotnyk, Andriy Vadatursky and encourages to use the materials of the analysts.
All materials are freely available at: http://euinfocenter.rada.gov.ua/