Within the framework of the Project “Ukraine in Europe,” which was implemented by the East Europe Foundation and the Center for Liberal Modernity (Berlin) in partnership with the RADA Program and funded by the German Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs, an online course entitled “Mandates of International Parliamentary Organizations” was developed.
The students will learn about the way international parliamentary institutions operate and about the specifics of public diplomacy. They will also get acquainted with the developmental stages of Ukrainian interparliamentary ties and the participation of international parliamentary institutions in important geopolitical processes.
The course will be useful for MPs of Ukraine, their aides, staffers of the secretariats of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Committees and all those interested in the activities of international parliamentary organizations, including students and schoolchildren.
The activities of international parliamentary organizations will be highlighted by leading Ukrainian and foreign experts with many years of practical experience:
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe – Marie-Louise Beck, former member of the Bundestag;
- European Parliament – Rebecca Harms, former Member of the European Parliament from Alliance ’90/The Greens;
- NATO Parliamentary Assembly – Yehor Cherniev, MP of Ukraine, Head of the Permanent Delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly;
- Parliamentary Dimension of the Central European Initiative – Andriy Veselovskyi, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine to the Arab Republic of Egypt;
- Inter-Parliamentary Union – Olena Sotnyk, MP of Ukraine of the 8th convocation;
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe – Ihor Popov, MP of Ukraine of the 8th convocation;
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Organization – Oleksandr Furman, First Deputy Head of the VR Department for Support of Interparliamentary Ties;
- GUAM Parliamentary Assembly – Sviatoslav Yurash, MP of Ukraine, Chairman of the Permanent Delegation to the GUAM Parliamentary Assembly;
- Venice Commission – Serhiy Tkachenko, Project Manager, Venice Commission, Council of Europe Office in Ukraine.
The course is hosted on the online educational platform Zrozumilo! created by the East Europe Foundation.
To register for the course, use the link http://internationalparliamentaryorganizations.zrozumilo.in.ua.
The course is free. Upon completion, the students will receive a certificate.
East Europe Foundation is a charitable non-profit Ukrainian organization that began its work in 2008. Its goal is to provide help with the social and economic development of Ukraine’s communities by mobilizing resources, strengthening the communities, and supporting the partnership of the community, the government and the business sector. Since 2008, the EEF has invested in Ukraine’s development more than UAH 85 million received from international donors, other governments, and the private sector.