There will be an hour of questions to the Government on the Government’s implementation of the Resolution of the VRU “On the state of social protection of children and urgent measures aimed at protecting children in Ukraine”.
Among issues included into Agenda:
1) Draft Law on Amendments to Certain Laws of Ukraine Concerning the Independence of the National Council of Ukraine on Television and Radio Broadcasting (№ 4107 dated 17.09.2020).
Authors: The bill was submitted by MPs Mykyta Poturaiev and Yevheniia Kravchuk.
Main idea & advantages: The bill aims to improve the appointment of members of the National Council of Ukraine on Television and Radio Broadcasting by the VRU and the President of Ukraine, as well as the procedure for terminating the term of office of members of the National Council. The bill, among other things, provide for changes to the remuneration system of members of the National Council and employees of the National Council.
Disadvantages: According to the Main Legal Department, the draft law contains a significant number of provisions that violate the principle of legal certainty (Article 8 of the Constitution of Ukraine), which will not promote their unambiguous enforcement and may lead to violations of other provisions of the Constitution.
2) Draft Law on Amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On Local Self-Government in Ukraine” to Ensure Transparency and Openness of Local Councils by Determining Responsible Persons for Publication of Personalized Voting Results (4256 dated 23.10.2020).
Authors: The bill was submitted by MPs Volodymyr Tsabal and Roman Lozynskyi.
Main idea and advantages: According to the subject of the legislative initiative, the purpose of the bill is to create an additional mechanism for implementing the principle of transparency and openness in the activities of local self-governments. The bill proposes to amend the Law of Ukraine “On Local Self-Government in Ukraine”, adding to the duties of secretary of village, town, city council and of the chairperson of district (“raion”), regional (“oblast”), district in the city council the duty of publication of personalized results of votes of deputies at plenary sessions in the form of open data.
Disadvantages: According to the Main Scientific and Expert Department, the bill has some terminological shortcomings, especially in the context of a reference to “open data”. It is also stated that the justification given in the explanatory note for the choice of the “form of open data” by the fact that it is convenient for use by citizens is not entirely correct.
3) Draft Resolution on the report of the National Council of Ukraine on Television and Radio Broadcasting for 2020 (5341 dated 07.04.2021).
According to the draft, the report of the National Council of Ukraine on Television and Radio Broadcasting for 2020 is proposed to be taken into account, the activity of the National Council during the reporting period is proposed to be considered satisfactory. Consideration of the report by the parliament is an important component of parliamentary oversight.
The Agenda also includes:
- Bill that is a part of a tax amnesty / capital amnesty – Draft Law5153 dated 25.02.2021;
- Draft Resolution on the establishment of the All-Ukrainian Day of Human Responsibility (5286 dated 19.03.2021) – which, among other things, honors the memory of the great Ukrainian – Bohdan Havrylyshyn;
- Draft Resolution on Establishment of the Temporary Commission of Inquiry of the VRU on Identification, Systematization and Investigation of Possible Abuses at Agrarian State Enterprises, Institutions and Organizations, belonging (that belonged) to the sphere of management of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine (Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine) and the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine (2451 dated 15.11.2019);
- Draft Law on the Establishment of a Business Ombudsman in Ukraine (3607 dated 05.06.2020);
- Draft Resolution on Establishment of the Temporary Commission of Inquiry of the VRU on Investigation of Possible Illegal Actions of Officials of the State Space Agency of Ukraine (National Space Agency of Ukraine) and Space Industry Enterprises, in particular during the Lybid and Cyclone-4 Projects (5477 dated 07.05.2021);
- Draft Law on Withdrawal from the Agreement on the Main Directions of Cooperation of the Member States of the Commonwealth of Independent States in the Field of Consumer Protection (0085 dated 28 December 2020), initiated by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The bill was prepared to bring the legal framework within the CIS in line with modern realities of relations (in particular, taking into account the Russian aggression). It should be noted that this step is in line with European integration policy and will not reduce the level of consumer protection. The Committee on Foreign Policy and Interparliamentary Cooperation has decided to recommend to the VRU to support the bill.